Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Remember





We sat up there waiting patiently and I looked at her and I asked her to

do one thing for me, ~Remember

Its never-ending. The realization of the gift I've been given.

The things I show her will make all the difference for her. Tears filled

my eyes. {I hope I do a good job.} Will she remember us standing there in

the lobby of a large room and the scents of winter as we walked?

Will she remember me in the way I hope?

The event began, her eyes lit up - she was amazed. I asked her to do one

thing for me, ~Remember.

It was over. I prayed that she would forever keep this experience in her

heart; the times spent with each other. We walked outside and she asked

with her eyes if we could, I said of course! We ran up the stairs in sync,

we reached the top, "WOW", she looked around, "It's beautiful mama!"

To her, we were on top of the world - being with her - I was.

Tears filled my eyes and I asked that she do just one thing for me...

~Remember

Remember being happy, remember all the beautiful things in life, remember

laughing, and remember being silly with me...and remember that I love her

more than anything in the world.

She held my hand as we ran to the car - we laughed the entire way! We

stopped and I held her tight, and we started walking. She let go of my

hand and ran on her own...I know eventually I'll have to let her go...This

is why I ask her to do just this one thing for me ~Remember.

This morning we were up before the sun! We sat for breakfast and I told

her I loved her and she said

~I remember...and I love you too mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment