Friday, January 27, 2012

Judging a Book by its Cover May Cost you a Miracle

I made the choice to make this an amazing day, normally when I have a happening back home, I dread it; the energies are so overwhelming that I sometimes cannot bear to go, but since it was just Mom’s and Dad’s, with no need to make additional mini adventures, I knew could be above this and be the greater energy,
baby steps, it’s all about baby steps.
Home is about an hour and change away from home, so we have a lot of time to talk with each of these ventures that we go on, and on each I tend to open/discover  more and more. Now this is to someone who knows everything there is to know about me, but what I mean is, when I speak about my thoughts – the things I think about when coming back home, and what it all reminds me of, and to see the distance of where that was and where it all is. It’s like different lifetimes – different people, all together I am a different being.  I am at a point and in a relationship in life where I can be open  and because I am free to be “me”, there is no filter placed by fear of judgment, its’ always beautiful when I realize its’ happening.{ I am growing.}
 So we drive into the mountains, I love this drive because it represents something so important to me and I’m lucky enough to see it unchanged. [Little do I know that more than I’d like also remains’ unchanged.]
We get to my Dad’s, I see all the work he’s done – the man  is a miracle,{literally} and when people wonder where my “me-ness”  comes from – they need to meet my parents. Everything looks amazing and I’m happy to be there, he didn’t know I was coming, I wanted it to be a surprise – and it was. They had guests leaving as I was arriving, and they saw that I had made my dad some tortillas, and the reaction was somewhat – confusing. “I’m surprised you know how to make tortillas”. {My mom makes them, my Grandmother made them, my Dad, and my sisters make them, why wouldn’t I know how to make tortillas?} are my immediate thoughts – and yes, I can cram that many thoughts into a millisecond, and I couldn’t help but laugh a little in my head because I couldn’t understand why she was taken aback by the fact that I know how to make something as simple as tortillas. But the tone in which it was delivered was-it doesn’t matter - I smiled, wished them a beautiful day and waved them goodbye.
I sit with my dad and I have to ask, “Why was it so surprising that I know how to make tortillas?” His response, “Because you’re pretty”.  I looked over to my boyfriend – he raises his eyebrows in code to tell me “I keep telling you”.
I was “taken aback”! (lol); I couldn’t grasp the small mindedness of it! “That’s dumb.” Was all I could say.
My dad said “It is what it is”, and then went on to tell me that he and his wife went to a dinner recently with the Mayor, and when he got there everyone looked at him like “who are you and why are you here?” They were there as invited guests as my Dads wife was being honored for her work in the community. He said you could tell immediately it was about status quo, and since no one knew the man sitting next to the mayor he was immediately made an outcast. My dad said that it felt so good to be there knowing they didn’t need to take a single thing from anyone in that room to be there, and that at the end of the day he has no enemies. “People will judge you because of what you look like. Just be what you look like on the inside and you‘ll be fine.”
The unchanged that I experienced was the small mindedness of those around us, even those close to us.
The Miracle I experienced in choosing to be the greater energy was the ability to take my Dads point of view and share a different perspective.  
If you are filled with light, you will shine. Some don’t know how to take to light – so be EXTRA patient with them and whatever you are filled with will shine the brightest-let it be Love.
 ~Thank You Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment